jueves, 4 de octubre de 2007

Are you a Genius?

Logic What a Genius! Or What? A Genius?

"It seems that all great geniuses have terrible handwriting," said Ralph, looking at a photograph of Albert Einstein's signature.
"Hey," thought Wanda to herself, "my teachers are always complaining that they can't read my handwriting. If all geniuses have terrible handwriting, I must be a genius!"
What do you think?
I think that is only coincidence, some people have bad handwriting amd they aren´t genius, and is the case of the girl.
Is Wanda really a genius?
No she isn´t a genius.
If not, what is wrong with her reasoning?
That she has a bad handwriting and for this reason she believe that she is a genius.
From the way Wanda uses logic, she's definitely not a genius. The fact that Individual A shares one characteristic of a group of individuals does not logically imply that Individual A is a member of that group.
Think of it this way. If Ralph had said, "All whales are good swimmers," Wanda would probably not have thought to herself, "Hey, I've always been a good swimmer. I must be a whale!" On the other hand, if Ralph had said, "All good swimmers are whales," Wanda would have had to assume either that she really was a whale or that Ralphie's statement was false.

This is my work of today, was a little bit easy.

No hay comentarios: